Wednesday, February 17, 2010

My new book!

The cover of my awesome new Barbie book. Just don't tell my man how much it costs...!
It's like a scrapbook almost. This is a replica of the catalogs of outfits that came with the first Barbie.
See that "Midge" Thermos? I saw it for $4 at a flea market but I didn't buy it because I've never heard of Barbie's bff Midge. Have you? I wish I had because they came out in the 1960's.
A copy of the membership card that all Barbie's fans got when they wrote to Barbie.
A reply letter from Barbie that was sent when you wrote to Barbie.
Blueprints for Barbie's movable waist so she could do the twist.
An invitation to Barbie's sweet 16. Can you believe she's almost 51 now?!
MC Hammer Barbie, haha!
This is the kind of Barbie I model myself after. I am not even joking people!
"Black Barbie"... I don't think I like that title. Why can't she have a name like all Barbie's other friends?
A story about Barbie's Paris shopping spree that was included in the book.
Versace designed this dress for Barbie. Anna Sui and Dior also have Barbie clothes.
I had this Skipper. Can you see how her little undies are showing above her pants? She was a rebel.
One-of-a-kind Barbies such as these sell for around $25 000. Yikes!
Sketches of outfits designed for my role model.
Ooh la la Barbie! How sexy you are in your lingerie!
A few of the most popular Barbie over the years.
So true.
Andy Warhol painted Barbie. Man, I love her!
Too bad I was... But Barbie was destined to be many other things. Astronaut, vet, rockstar, fashion model, nurse, babysitter, big sister...
I wish mine were the same way. Barbie always has such great skin, haha.
Ummm, I don't know about the first part, but I sure do love exquisite handbags.

Damn, I wish I was plastic... When my man isn't here and I don't have work (like right now) I look terrible...

This is the first Barbie. Not blonde, and look at those eyes!
Malibu Barbie! My favorite Barbie. I don't have one, but I want one soooo badly!

No comments:

Post a Comment