Friday, January 15, 2010

cupcake nail tutorial

A step-by-step guide to getting the sweet nails from my last post.

Supplies:
-at least 4 clean toothpicks, or two double sided ones.
-nail polish in colors you want your cupcake to be. I used hot pink for a background, tan for the "paper" of the cupcake, white for the "icing", and red for the "cherry"
-a topcoat nailpolish

1. paint nails with two coats of hot pink nail polish, waiting 4 minutes in between coats. (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme wear nail colour in Fuschia Power)

2. wait about twenty minutes or so then draw the outline of a cupcake using a black Sharpie on your thumb. You can do this on all your nails if you are steady enough, but I just painted this on my thumb.


3. use a tan nail polish to paint in the "paper" part of the cupcake with a toothpick. Don't worry about painting on the black lines you drew, you'll paint over those later, but try not to paint ouside of the main lines. (I don't remember what the nail polish I used is called, sorry)

4. paint the "icing" of the cupcake white using a clean toothpick. Stay in the lines, but again don't worry about painting on the lines. (I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear nail colour in White On.)

5. using a dark red, fill in the "cherry" with a clean toothpick. I used Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Red Red.

6. Wait about 10 minutes then use a clean toothpick to carefully go over the black sharpie lines with black nail polish. I used Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme.

7. Wait another twenty minutes before you paint on a top coat. Put topcoat on all nails.

This will be the results:

No comments:

Post a Comment