Tuesday, January 12, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things (part 2)

So here are more pictures of things around my house that I love.

I got this out of an old cookbook for kids from the 60's my stepdad's mum gave me. It says "Happiness is cooking your own thing" I love it.


"Curtains" I made from a vintage skirt my stepdad's mum gave me. She said she wore it in the 40's. I tried to wear it for a while but I am too short. It made me look stumpy, haha. I still loved it so when I noticed it matched my living room walls, I chopped it in half and voila!


A vintage pillow I found at a local secondhand store. It pictures children's stories and fairy tales. I fell in love with it right away. It wasn't until I brought it home that I noticed Alice in Wonderland on it. Major score!!


This adorable Alice in Wonderland bowl is part of an dinnerware set for infants. It came with a matching two-handled cup which I use to store Q-Tips in the bathroom. I would have saved them for when I have kids, but what kind of infants need expensive ceramic dishes? Not mine, that's for sure.


Ice cube tray. Makes cute little birds ice "cubes" I put blue food colouring in the water to make bluebirds. :) Such a dork...


The cutest tea towels I have ever seen. $2.50 from Target. Yes, we do live in Canada but the town we live in is right on the border. Yeah for shopping in different countries on the weekends. We are less than three hours from Spokane and all it's big mall-y goodness.


First of the Valentine's day decor. A pink candle with Conversation hearts in the bottom of a cute vase. I think the hearts should go up the side of the candle too, but the opening of the vase is too small to shove more down inside.


The heart of the coffee/tea station. I know this tray doesn't match, but the one that does is holding some Valentine's Day candy on the coffee table. Alice in Wonderland tea pot and sugar bowl, cute little tea pot shaped tea bag holder. The tray has trees on it, very cute too.


A tiny manly touch for P. Cafe scented candles hold up Metallica (P's favorite band)


Alice in Wonderland serving tray.


Valentine's Day candy is out already! Too cute to not be out already. More Valentine's Day decor coming soon!


The back of the bookshelf. Displays books, magazines, board games, puzzles, Marc Jacobs ad (I have these all over the house) and necklace box, ice cream bubbles, Halloween spider candle too cute for storing away, a flamingo "F", a Hello Kitty "R", and one of Hello Kitty's bffs Chococat. This side is not nearly as nice as the other side, but it's not as visible to guests either, so I don't care for now.


My love of tea requires me to have tea pots everywhere. Whatever, they are good for storage too... This one has computer related things in it. iPod cables, a mouse, memory cards...


This is my other baby Mr Toad. Those guys on top are twin Kerropis, another of Hello Kitty's friends. You've probably already noticed my love of Hello Kitty, among other things. I swear I wasn't lying, I'm not actually eight years old. Haha.


The front side of my bookshelf. Movies, cds, games, books. Can you spot the 2 Chesire Cats, vintage doll, more icecream bubbles (I have four spread throughout the cottage) the Alice in Wonderland lucnbox my mum got me, Hello Kitty's cute pink friend My Melody, a framed Marc Jacobs ad (my favorite designer), and a small manly touch, a Lego monster truck I made for my man.


Fridge. No that's not us, that's A&K. They are having a baby very soon.


I would write more about me and my life but today I actually have a life so I must go. I will post another entry when I get home from work tonight or maybe if I get the time after I eat and get ready. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment